The first women’s flat track roller derby league in Southern Maryland is so proud to roll out its sixth bootcamp for one of the fastest growing sports in America…Roller Derby!!!
The SMRD bootcamp outline is inspired by Punchy O’Guts, one of the greatest trainers known to Roller Derby, and has been used in our past five bootcamps! We teach all skaters- from beginner to experienced – all of the skills that make up the foundation of roller derby!
What: Learn how get going in Roller Derby! How cool is that?
Where: Lvl 1 will be held @ Charles County Fairgrounds, La Plata, MD; Lvl 2 will be held at Capital Clubhouse in Waldorf, MD.
When: Lvl 1 runs from 2Feb – 9Mar; Lvl 2 runs from 23Mar – 27Apr.
Our bootcamp is split into two six week sessions:
- In level one, we cover individual skater skills like skating, crossovers, one foot glides, falling safely, stopping safely, speed starts and so muchmore!
- In level two, the fun begins and we cover contact skills like blocking, hip/shoulder/back checks, whips, assists and skating with your pack!
- Must have all safety gear (helmet // elbow, wrist and knee pads // mouthguard).
- Must have primary form of medical insurance and government issued ID.
- Must submit registration application to get a spot, receive follow-up instructions and detailed directions to venue.
Cash or check at the door for $60 and only $50 through Brown Paper Tickets for a limited time.